The Bass-ment

Revolutionary new bass announced by Fender

Is today April Fools?

I'll check the website news...

If that's all you need, it's not just for "Church" anymore!

Also works for stone-cold country, bluegrass, and hammered-8th-note rock.

Also, alas, it would be the only bass needed at the Chet convention. The convention has a couple of assigned bass players who accompany all the guitarists. They follow schedules of rooms where they're to appear at what time. They know all the Chet material. They look harried and soul-dead: harried because they work ALL day, soul-dead because they're root-fifthed to within an inch of their tolerance. If they played anything else, it would conflict with the picker's thumb and create mud.

At the Saturday night finale performance, one of the bassists was given the chance to do a bass solo. He had one shot to awaken and exercise his soul, and he made the most of it. His solo would have intimidated Jaco - but was melodic.

I gave him a standing ovation.

Stig Pederson is the 2 string bassist!

How many country bass players does it take to screw in a lightbulb? One. Five. One. Five. One. Five. One. Five.

The POTUS been doin it with two strings since ‘93.

Eb would appear to be an ecumenical matter.

That's probably too many available notes for Contemporary Christian, aka Praise and Worship music.

Let's not forget Mark Sandman!

I don't like it, dumbing down the bass is just wrong IMO. I thought it was a joke at first, then I Googled it. I suppose it falls into the "to each their own" category, but I think it's a waste of perfectly good wood and hardware.

Eb would appear to be an ecumenical matter.

– ade

Now THAT'S funny...

I don't like it, dumbing down the bass is just wrong IMO. I thought it was a joke at first, then I Googled it. I suppose it falls into the "to each their own" category, but I think it's a waste of perfectly good wood and hardware.

– Wade H

This has to be a joke. I checked Fender's website and there is no mention of this bass.

Of course, this instrument is totally unnecessary... Any one-five bass player worth his salt can get along perfectly with one of these...

The irony is that the bassist in the band is the ONLY level headed person in the band. :)

It IS a joke - the Babylon Bee is a Christian satire site.

Register Sign in to join the conversation