Other Guitars

Dig this tele bridge for bigsby!

That is a great idea. I like it too.

It's cool, and it really does work, but it's not exactly new, tele players have been doing it for years. No need to go boutique either it works just as well with the $10 Fender ashtray bridge plate, and it'll cost you about 20 minutes or less with a dremel.

Saddles with some kind of notch or string groove do work better for this, the strings start to wander around without them.

Exactly what Walter said. I did this to a Wilkinson Tele bridge with a Dremel. Had to go with threaded steel saddles to keep the strings in place. I couldn't get along with the B5 tension bar so I went back to hardtail Tele. Someday I'd like to try a B15

That's the easy part.The hard part is how stiff tension bar Bigsbys are.Got a B5 on my Mex Esquire.Not really useable unless I get a longer arm.I too would like to test out a B16 but I don't see them offered at retail very often.

It's cool, and it really does work, but it's not exactly new, tele players have been doing it for years. No need to go boutique either it works just as well with the $10 Fender ashtray bridge plate, and it'll cost you about 20 minutes or less with a dremel.

Saddles with some kind of notch or string groove do work better for this, the strings start to wander around without them.

– WB

Yep - I've been notching the bridges myself for quite a while - I thought this was a nice quick solution, given the grooved, better intonated saddles.

I added an ashtray bridge and B50 to my MIM Tele. I can't hammer a nail into a 2X4 but I successfully notched the bridge with a Dremel. Everything worked perfectly but I found that my hand hit the tension bar if I played close to the bridge. It was uncomfortable. There's no room on a Tele to install the B50 farther away from the bridge.

Register Sign in to join the conversation