The Bass-ment

Mosrite Combo Mark X, Model 301 circa 1967

https://www.elderly.com/pro...

I need some Mosrite expertise just like the past Proteus thread on the guitar lineage and variations. There were a few things learned re-reading all that...

Mosrite of California on the headstock...

Made a couple years before bankruptcy in SoCal.

Thx!

I own a couple of vintage Mosrite Ventures II guitars and have learned a bit about the various Ventures model guitars, but I don’t know much about the Mosrite basses. I would suggest visiting the Mosrite forum and see if any of the members there can provide some expertise. I’ve found it helpful in the past. They have members that know Mosrite like some of the members here know Gretsch. Here’s the link: Link

I own a couple of vintage Mosrite Ventures II guitars and have learned a bit about the various Ventures model guitars, but I don’t know much about the Mosrite basses. I would suggest visiting the Mosrite forum and see if any of the members there can provide some expertise. I’ve found it helpful in the past. They have members that know Mosrite like some of the members here know Gretsch. Here’s the link: Link

– Craig B

It amazes me how Guitar Center can get away with calling a bass "Ventures" when it isn't and have about 10 words of description versus the standards I'm held to as an eBay seller.

Anyhow, I am not entirely sure what the twangmeister is asking. Is it about that specific bass at Elderly? Mosrite basses generally? The combo model? Hollowbodies? Or?

II talked about my brother's Mosrite bass in the other thread and so did Mel Waldorf who I thought I read runs the Mosrite forum. Maybe that discussion will help.

I let it go, had it on hold...

Next in line now has it.

I like Elderly, bought several guitars from them, no bearing on their review @ Excellent Minus.

This was kinda an impulse, don't see many Mosrite Basses.

There were several stable but certainly deeper cracks both front and back. Not knowing the semi-hollowbody construction without seeing it made it so I would have paid Freight and Insurance both ways if I didn't wish to keep it.

I tried for some help on the deal to cover that possibility.

Secondary concerns were spare parts, especially the Tuning Pegs. I checked the internet, ... none.

The Bass in the Video is different, Mark X versus the Combo...and I did see that one listed @ GC in Dallas!

THANKS!

Register Sign in to join the conversation