The Bass-ment

Lee Rocker fans in the house??

He borrowed my bass players bass for a passing through gig. All my bass player asked was that he sign the bass after the show. He played the shit out of that bass as if it was his own, played a 30 minute set, put the bass down and walked out the back door of the club not to return. Did not sign the bass. He seemed to have a bad attitude the whole time as well. And I knew the owner of the club...he was well taken care of.

Not cool.

Next time get the signature up front

not that it would have added value to the bass

if it helps Buzz Campbell and Brophy Dale are really down to earth guys, talented and real gear nuts.

Sorry, folks. Didn't mean to bring down the mood. Haha I'm sure he is cool dude. Everybody has bad days.

Sorry, folks. Didn't mean to bring down the mood. Haha I'm sure he is cool dude. Everybody has bad days.

-- T_Mayes

No worries over here...like I said, I heard some really bad stuff before I met him from a few different people. I have no doubt that he's capable of being less than the awesome rockin' guy as described here. :D

He borrowed my bass players bass for a passing through gig. All my bass player asked was that he sign the bass after the show. He played the shit out of that bass as if it was his own, played a 30 minute set, put the bass down and walked out the back door of the club not to return. Did not sign the bass. He seemed to have a bad attitude the whole time as well. And I knew the owner of the club...he was well taken care of.

Not cool.

-- T_Mayes

im pretty sure kyle got paid almost as much as the bass was worth for that gig hahaha it almost paid for the drinks :P

anyways, it was an alright show IMO, some of the songs were pretty repetitive i thought. i DID like theyre live version of rock this town

**This post has been deleted**

Been away for a bit, just catching up.
1) Tavo, if you paint that Kay, I will beat you to death with a Dean Dimebag guitar. 2) Lee Rocker isn't all that. (ready to be flamed) He was a decent bassist in the 80's and hasn't moved forward as a bassist in the intervening 30 years. I've done a number of shows / festivals with him, and have never once been remotely impressed.
3) His tone sounds nothing like an upright bass. it sounds like a fretless P-bass with an overpronounced click.

If you wanna see really good bassists check out-

Dave Roe- (johnny cash, dwight yoakam, mel tillis) Joe Fick- ( the Dempseys, Don Kelley band) Thomas Lorioux- ( Astro Zombies, Frantic Flinstones, Surf Rats) Nicholas Debouchet- (freelancer) Jimmy Sutton- ( four charms, mighty blue kings, JD McPherson) Kevin Smith- (High Noon, Ronnie Dawson, Willie Nelson, Heybale) Courtney Kostrick- (Goddamn Gallows, Jayke Orvis) Pistol Pete Midgard- (Twistin' Tarantulas)

that'll keep you busy for days on youtube.

oh, and BTW, it's fairly common knowledge that Lee Rocker is Ghost immediately after the show. he'll talk to folks and sign stuff beforehand, but he bails immediately after.

Have a nice day -g

I don't know who the bass player is with Imelda May/Darrel Highman's band, but he looks to be having a fantastic time on that Rock n Roll Party DVD with Jeff Beck!

I don't know who the bass player is with Imelda May/Darrel Highman's band, but he looks to be having a fantastic time on that Rock n Roll Party DVD with Jeff Beck!

– Hermitt

– Hermitt

Al Gare

Thank you Johnny! Maybe if Darrel sees this thread, he can pass along a well deserved WELL DONE!! to Al and the rest of the band!

Register Sign in to join the conversation