The Bass-ment

Fender Rumble 200

Just picked one of these up. I'm digging it! Really sounds good. Love how light it is, too! I had a Rumble 150 (I like the 15" sound), and this is definitely a nice step up. Anyone else using one?

Even the Rumble 25 is loud as hell.

How do these things stack up as jazz guitar amps? Or don't they? I'm (rather reluctantly) having to move away from heavy tube amps, at least for my trio gigs, and a Rumble head with a suitable cab could be a solution.

Haven't tried the 200. I have a Rumble 350 with the twin 10's. Sounds great when I use the P-bass and the Beatle bass, but a little thin with the Jazz. Happy overall though.

How do these things stack up as jazz guitar amps? Or don't they? I'm (rather reluctantly) having to move away from heavy tube amps, at least for my trio gigs, and a Rumble head with a suitable cab could be a solution.>

Hmmm, interesting. I just plugged a Gibson ES355 Lucille into the 200.. Sounded 'okay'... Only had the settings flat, but was not a "wow" moment. One thing, not sure if you use reverb, but there is none on the bass amp. You might want to try it out in a shop for your own opinion. Believe me, I understand about the weight factor!

I don't know that I'd use a modern bass amp for guitar. Older bass amps had a guitar channel where the tone controls were optimized for the brighter instrument. Most modern bass amps don't have a guitar channel. There are many other solid state guitar amps that are better suited.

The bass player in my band uses a 100 most of the time. It sounds great, weighs nothing, and was ridiculously cheap.

I have a Fender Custom Shop Rumble Bass...300 watts all tube...

They only made about 200 of them around 1994...and rumor is 100 blew up.

Rare bird but it is POWERFUL...and super heavy.

I don't know that I'd use a modern bass amp for guitar. Older bass amps had a guitar channel where the tone controls were optimized for the brighter instrument. Most modern bass amps don't have a guitar channel. There are many other solid state guitar amps that are better suited.

– wabash slim

I agree with this. It's probably more the speakers than the amp itself, but I'd go with something like a Quilter is I wanted an ultralight for guitar.

Register Sign in to join the conversation