The Bass-ment

Early Guild Jet Star (2?)

I think its a late 69 or 70 production. Hagstrom Bisonic in the neck position, Hagstrom mini bucker in the bridge position. Only ever seen a handful of these with this configuration. Listed on Reverb for my "make me sell it" price. Clearly some Gibson EB influence with the design. A cool one.

So there was sort of a Guild/Hagstrom connection back then? Guild had some way cool basses

Love those old Guild basses. I had a Starfire bass with two of those massive Bisonic pickups which i purchased new in 1967 from Dale Music Store, Silver Spring, MD. Loved that bass. Sadly it was stolen in the early 80's.

Yes a Guild/Hagstrom connection. They make repro BiSonic pickups (Darkstar) but most of the 60s guild basses have them. Mini isn't too sonically special but a bit rare in tandem with the BiSonic. Great hollowbody tones too.

Love those old Guild basses. I had a Starfire bass with two of those massive Bisonic pickups which i purchased new in 1967 from Dale Music Store, Silver Spring, MD. Loved that bass. Sadly it was stolen in the early 80's.

– Mark G

Sold this one last year

Sold this one last year

– Kman007

Yep, just like that but Emerald Green

Register Sign in to join the conversation