The Bass-ment

Christmas comes early in Louisville!

Today, my daughter presented me with a gift purchased for me by our very own NitroG. It is the short scale Squier Jaguar bass I mentioned that I was putting on my Christmas list a few weeks ago.

In collusion with my daughter, Greg arranged to have one shipped to the Louisville Guitar Center and Dana picked it up today and brought it home to me.

I can't tell you Greg, how much I appreciate this. It is everything I hoped it would be and more. The setup out of the box was perfect, the fret edges are as smooth as glass and it plays and sounds terrific. Even the action was spot on.

Thank you so very much Greg, I must say it was an incredible and most pleasant surprise.

May you and yours have the Merriest of Christmases and the Happiest and Most Prosperous New Year.

Congradulations and Happy NotYourBirthday.

Wow !! What a GREAT gesture!!.........Merry Christmas Bear 8-)

Yes, contratulations, and happy not-your-birthday.

Didn't realize you were in Louisville. I was there for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Nice town. Went to the zoo, where, coincidentally I saw a bear.

-- Kap'n

It was probably kin to me... You know how it is here in the South. :D

This post has been deleted Double post...

This post has been deleted Dang... triple post. I liked it better that when you deleted a post, everything just went away.

Way cool, Santa Greg!

Way cool, Santa Greg!

Now, Bear, how could anything be any cooler than that? Congratulations. That little Squier looks right at home in your arms.

Greg, that is just tremendous. As you know, Bear means the world to me and this extreme gesture of kindness on your part just reinforces my very high opinion of you. Thank you very much.

See...It is your Birthday

Hey Bear, that's great! Mr. NitroG is a fine gentleman indeed. Have fun with that bad boy!

Good on ya NitroG!! Bear, you deserve it! Wow, this is the best forum. Group hug!

Now, Bear, how could anything be any cooler than that? Congratulations. That little Squier looks right at home in your arms.

Greg, that is just tremendous. As you know, Bear means the world to me and this extreme gesture of kindness on your part just reinforces my very high opinion of you. Thank you very much.

-- Richard Hudson

It couldn't be any cooler Richard. Greg is one heck of a guy and I hope I can someday repay the kindness he's shown me.

I love the bass. The silver color is just gorgeous and I can't get over how light it is. The bass I sent to my friend Jimmy was also a short scale, but was really pretty heavy. I'm going to put a set of flatwounds on it later.

It has a P-Bass pickup in the center and a J-Bass at the bridge and sounds terrific.

How many days until the Nashville Roundup?

Good on ya NitroG!! Bear, you deserve it! Wow, this is the best forum. Group hug!

-- Unclegrumpy

Oooh, nice group hug... whoever has their hand on my butt, please move it... slightly to the left. 8-o :D

Early Merry Christmas, Bear! That Jag bass looks great on you! What a great thing to do NitroG, it's members like you that make this forum very special.

Looks good on ya, enjoy it. Short scale basse are the best!

Too Cool Bear! You can't find a better group of people anywhere on the internet than here at the GDP! (...and NO, that's not my hand on your butt!) :P :P

Merry Christmas Bear! (and Happy Non-Birthday and Happy Thanksgiving too :) )

You're a guy who is an inspiration to a lot of people on the GDP with your kindness and good humor, even when you're not feeling as well as you would like to. Meeting you in Nashville and seeing first hand how you refuse to let your health issues stop you from doing what you love to do was one of the highlights of the roundup for me.

The bass is just a small token of my thanks to you for showing me that even through the adversity of dealing with a less than stellar ticker, you can still pick with the best of them, dance with the ladies and stay up 'till the wee hours playing the blues.

May you have many years of fun to come!

Good Going Greg!

Happy Birthday/Christmas/Arbor Day Bear!

That is just so cool! This has to be the greatest guitar forum on earth!

I never realized how neon green that shirt was. I look like a big, round Kawasaki.

Greg, I sent you a PM.

See!, what did I tell you guys!? This is a GREAT forum! 8-) Greg, you did a sweet thing, for a great guy! Bear, have fun with your bass! :)

Can't add much 'cept to say what a coupla great guys Greg and Bear are.

What a family this is!

Register Sign in to join the conversation