About the Gretsch Pages

Zombies?

What is the preference here regarding zombie threads. Yea or nay?

Yea, go ahead and dig up a zombie if the topic is on target.

Or

Nah, leave it dead. Start a new thread.

I love their music! I approve.

I feel like if there's a good existing thread and you have something to add, it shouldn't matter how old the thread is. JMO.

I agree with SDave and Bob, both on zombie threads and Rod Argent's Zombies. I believe old soldiers of threads should be able to hold their heads up.

It's good to see them again.

Or - if your new post is not directly germane, or would seem out of place after the last post in a thread which has gone off on tangents (not that that would ever happen here), you might start a new thread which includes a link to the zombie thread, then add a post to the end of the zombie thread linking to the new thread, so that the ancestral connections are all clear. That way fellers who want to do more reading on the related topic, or just relive old times, are reminded of the old thread. Also, it creates maximum confusion, which is always appreciated.

Threads like the original "Good Grooming Lounge" deserves to live on.

Others, like Lemon Pledge, Di Pinto, or gold piping need to die.

As a band, The Zombies were/are great. Rod Argent is one of the best all time keyboard players out there.

Good morning to you I hope you're feeling better.

Threads like the original "Good Grooming Lounge" deserves to live on.

Others, like Lemon Pledge, Di Pinto, or gold piping need to die.

As a band, The Zombies were/are great. Rod Argent is one of the best all time keyboard players out there.

– wabash slim

There hasn't been a lemon Pledge thread since I have been on this site (which is a significant length of time).

As for the DiPinto thread, there are a number of GDPers who own DiPinto guitars. We like them and enjoy talking about them. I have learned a lot about guitars other than DiPintos in that thread. If you don't like the DiPinto thread, it's pretty easy to not open it. Before the database was lost, it used to be much, much longer than it is now.

Saw the Zombies a couple months ago, it was an outstanding show!

Bring on the zombies, there's nothing to fear.

They like to eat brains, and there's so few around here!

Thanks folks, and FTR I dig the Zombies too.

I’m all for threads being open for revival.

I sometimes stumble onto a thread on other forums where the topic of a Zombie Thread becomes relevant to someone’s current situation. They post a comment/question and get snarky repsonses about ZT revival. I’ve never understood this. Especially if the relevant background is contained within the ZT . why start a new one?

This site is special in so many ways but one of them is that old threads never die.

It's weird. I'm writing this From 2008.

It's weird. I'm writing this From 2008.

A zombie squad would be appreciated, I'm sure. Hunt them down, line them back up with proper titles, pictures, and make them searchable again

I know I lost a bunch of relevant threads that I'd refer to that are forever gone, and folks that originally posted won't post again for fear of relapse, or them not being here any longer.

Consider posts by Norm, Bear, Mitch, Cam, even some living, but since departed from the GDP...including Thunderball, Chonny and everybody's favorite jackweed, Jeff-O.

I truly miss some of the knowledge, discussions and hilarity that went on here.

Consider posts by Norm, Bear, Mitch, Cam, even some living, but since departed from the GDP...including Thunderball, Chonny and everybody's favorite jackweed, Jeff-O. -- Crowbone

You do know that two out of three of those are back on the GDP again, right?

Register Sign in to join the conversation