About the Gretsch Pages

Your wish list

I actually have an honest-to-goodness to-do list created rather than just trying to keep track of things in my head.

So if you have something you'd like to see on the site, or something you think is broken, now is a good time to let me know.

Note: I'm not even beginning to imply that I'll actually do it, or that it will even make the list. But let me know.

As you know I'd like to see the option of receiving an email copy of a PM I send. Let's see if I'm the only one.

Generally I'd like to say: You're doing great, Bax!

Cheers. Sascha

Yep, all good from here, for me. The only question I have is should we post our shows to "Happenings" or is that for Gretsch events?

I miss all the 504 gateway errors we had back in the good old days... NOT! :P

Actually, I'll have to rack my brain on this one. My only request would be to add a google map or mapquest widget option when posting Happenings events, to show the exact address location.

Oh, and to also be able to embed youtube clips instead of just posting the link... but don't know if that's practical or not.

I would like to see larger pictures and I would like the ability to edit a post with a quote without losing the quote.

Also Rob's idea, "...to also be able to embed youtube clips instead of just posting the link" would be nice.

These are just suggestions Tim, not complaints.

I think that you should change the text on the 'Add post' button to 'Should I?'

I also agree with Bear's comments.

Edit: actually, the text that you have in the comments section of the events.... "Don't Be A Jerk" should show up as default text in the posting box before any text is typed.

Embedded youtubes would be nice. Email if a reply to thread you've posted in or started ? Or 'subscribe to thread' etc. The 'Watch' is nice.

Great work already !

I would like to see larger pictures and I would like the ability to edit a post with a quote without losing the quote.

Also Rob's idea, "...to also be able to embed youtube clips instead of just posting the link" would be nice.

– Bear

– Bear

Ditto tp the editing request.

Bear, right click on the picture and select "View Picture." That will open a larger version. But bigger ones in the post would be nice.

Overall, Bax, great job! Don't miss the 504s at all!

"Bear, right click on the picture and select "View Picture." That will open a larger version."

Doesn't work on my computer. The option to do that is grayed out.

Bear, right click on the picture and select "View Picture." That will open a larger version.

this must be a mac thing, because I have Windows 7 and in both IE9 and/or Google Chrome, that option is not available.

Suprdave: yes, by all means. Please do.

Tartan: Happenings already build a map automatically from the address. I'll look into making it more findable.

Hermitt, I have the same problem. But I'm running Vista. :(

A weekly, international "win a Gretsch Country Club!!" giveaway.

I'm not even beginning to imply that I'll actually do it, or that it will even make the list. But let me know. -- Baxter

Absolutely brilliant, Baxter! I am going to use this one with my wife.

I would like to be able to click on the picture to see a larger version.

How about some background music? Maybe Richard Hudson.:D

Bax,

I'm not sure if its possible to restore the posts and pics to the south jersey roundup from a couple years back, but if it is, I'd love to see that again. Any attempts I've made to go in and do anything have been met by page errors.

Since this was the last auction house event(and best, in my opinion), it would be nice to have some chronicle of it.

Bear, right click on the picture and select "View Picture." That will open a larger version.

this must be a mac thing, because I have Windows 7 and in both IE9 and/or Google Chrome, that option is not available.

– Hermitt

– Hermitt

Actually, I'm using Firefox. Just tried it in IE9 and you're right. But it does work in Firefox.

Multiple quotes from within a thread in the same post would be a nice. I know that there were issues in keeping the preview of your post in a previous version, but just a thought.

Otherwise Bax, you do a great job!!

If you don't change a thing I'll still be happy.

Just three things:

1. See more than just the 1st page of Your Recent Topics

2. Sign in with my Android phone

3. PM me the winning Megamillions numbers 30 minutes before the drawing.

There was a feature that let you search members previous threads/posts. It worked great for looking up info like repairs/projects, guitars that didn't make it into the data base, etc.

And... I'm still holding out for the old archives.

Register Sign in to join the conversation