About the Gretsch Pages

We need a Workbench section…

Fantastic idea!

Here's a working Bench.

This was the last day it looked like this.

Here's a working Bench.

– crowbone

Lifelong Reds fan (Ohio boy), and Bench was always my favorite.

FreePete

Ok. Current project. Re topping a K50 mandolin

I'd love to see you building YOUR workbenches. You could be the inaugural post to the WorkBench Section. (Sorry about the B in WorkBench. But, with GreTsch & BeaTles in my life to such an extent, it kinda crept in.)

– Olivia Anne

Haha, that could be fun but there's not much to see really. I'm just trying to put something together with leftover wood and a table top I recently got. Hopefully I can make it work since I'm working in small cluttered spaces at the moment. Here's the frame on top of the top.

Feels sort of pointless to add a 'me too' here (nothing to do with the Hollywood version), but maybe there's power in numbers indeed so...

Yes please. Let's have a place for builds, back-from-the-dead and other "I thought-it'd-look/sound cool" efforts.

How does the existing tech section not meet this need?

It says "Find answers to all your general tech questions."

IMO, there's a difference between asking a tech question, compared to a person showing a build or how they set up their guitars, and folks following this.

Yeah. Because a build or a project may not be a question.

But it could be a questionable build or project.

It could be. Many are. It could be a build or project during which the builder or projector has questions. But those wouldn't be general. They'd be specific.

Alright, sounds like a fairly slim shift in verbiage. Any objections to just tweaking the name and/or description of the existing tech section?

Alright, sounds like a fairly slim shift in verbiage. Any objections to just tweaking the name and/or description of the existing tech section?

– Baxter

Easy fix, and that's what I would do.

Can't there be both?

The workbench page would be more about things that are in process which isn't asking or answering questions.

..... And so now we have THE WORKBENCH section...!

– Curt Wilson

Whole lotta luth’rin goin’ on.

That's way more than the bench, Curt!

Register Sign in to join the conversation