About the Gretsch Pages

We need a Workbench section…

... where it would be natural to ask guitar tech questions, show work in progress, etc.

I second the notion. I love watching those threads, no matter what they are.

Totally up for that! Or down with that, whatever the positive vernacular is...

I like reading and watching all that stuff. Amp repair is fascinating, it would be nice to see more of that.

Also, there are a lot of links to nowhere which makes things look like Chernobyl, maybe delete or restore those. I’d like to see the Brooklyn tour restored.

Good and I hvae been saying for years we need stombpbox section, and Other Epiuipment moved up with the other gear-related sections. Bass section a dead zone I say basses just go in with Other Guitars.

But yes to workbench techie repair is a good idea

Great idea! I'm building a workbench at this moment to start building guitars. I also love to see what others are building, modding or tinkering on.

For me, following a Workbench/Restoration project is definitely one of my favorite themes here. Whether it is Guitar or Amp related, count Me in !

I could certainly post a photo or two in there!

Count me in!

Great idea!

I certainly enjoy those threads, anywhere they show up. A dedicated section sounds like a good idea.

Good idea. General techie stuff can be interesting and helpful.

Yes, great idea! There are a lot of guitar and amp techs and luthiers and such willing to share.

I've learned so much about setting up, modding and working on guitars from this forum. It seems it would be a natural progression.

There already is a section labeled "General Tech Questions" though.

Great idea! I'm building a workbench at this moment to start building guitars. I also love to see what others are building, modding or tinkering on.

– Mike2000

I'd love to see you building YOUR workbenches. You could be the inaugural post to the WorkBench Section. (Sorry about the B in WorkBench. But, with GreTsch & BeaTles in my life to such an extent, it kinda crept in.)

Yes, I agree. That would be great! Always nice following or doing them.

(Late again....) Excellent idea -- outstanding!

Register Sign in to join the conversation