About the Gretsch Pages

Topics/threads with slashes in the title don’t work. Test here.

If I'm right, you won't be able to respond to this topic. You'll get an error when you try.

Here's what I get from Firefox:

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

I have theories about why, but if I'm right and this post will not permit responses, I don't want to propose a mere theory in a post which will forever stand alone as the only word on its subject.

It's not so much that I don't want to leave testimony that I was wrong about something as that I don't want to lead anyone astray - or let my half-informed conjecture become fact through lack of contradiction.

This is just a bit of practical science. It will be enough that I've identified a possibility, and perhaps saved others from feeling they've been ostracized or shunned because their posts aren't being responded to.

On the other hand, those who are compelled to have the last word, whose insecurity demands that their opinions stand as final inviolate truth, may choose henceforth to use slashes in topic titles for their pontifical pronouncements.

So much for that theory.

Then what is it about Njdevil's and Parabar's Epiphone Wildkat posts, with identical titles (containing slashes), which identically resist comment?

Well, that's a little harsh. I'd say I strongly suspected something in the title text had to be the tree. I was just on the wrong branch.

I thought you were on to something here Proteus and it was good shot, BUT......the penalty for trying and failing to provide a solution is that you must play nothing but Taylor acoustics with an occasional Les Paul break for 1year!!!! Why? Because you are never wrong and the Tru-Arc rocks! This is a long-standing, top secret, high security rule of the GDP!

And yes, Baxter just confirmed you have to surrender your Duo Jet to me! You don't need to check with him but just take my word for it.

Sometimes you guys really tickle me.

Taylor acoustics and Les Pauls. That's like the antechamber to hell!

Or heck, anyway.

Kidding! I like some Les Pauls!

However, I may have to check with Bax about the Duo Jet.

Taylor acoustics and Les Pauls. That's like the antechamber to hell!

Or heck, anyway.

Kidding! I like some Les Pauls!

However, I may have to check with Bax about the Duo Jet.

– Proteus

Ha ha, you gave me the response I was looking and you are exactly like a Tru-Arc in that you never disappoint!!! No need to call Baxter but rather say: "Dave(NJDevil), please accept my Duo Jet as an offering to support musical goodness and play in good health. Oh and I will also buy the greatest bacon cheeseburger you have ever had to support the energy to play your new Jet."

And at this moment I do not have a Jet and am craving like mad for a bacon cheeseburger. Five Guys here I come!!!

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a Jetburger today?

Register Sign in to join the conversation