About the Gretsch Pages

Today’s featured guitar” image doesn’t show

" Today's featured guitar" seems disabled. I see a black rectangle and an odd icon in the corner but no photo

Been like that since the resurrection for me.

I'm not sure if the photo link is broken or if it's the fact that so many of the guitars in the database do NOT have a photo, since the owners have not bothered to re-upload them since the crash. Not sure of the algorithm Baxter uses to "choose" the featured guitar each day.

There are tons of guitars in the database that have lost their attribution to a particular member, and are therefore classified with "unknown" owners. And the response I got from members to reunite guitars with their profiles has been pitifully small compared to the overall size of the forum community.

For those whose guitars were not showing on their profile, and HAVE bothered to contact me to fix it, thank you... you know who you are.

Quilty as charged. Should have done it sooner.

Would you please link the '59 6196 Country Club with serial 35335 and the '59 6128 with serial 34005 to my profile? I'll update the info right away and include a nice photo.

Thanks!

Quilty as charged. Should have done it sooner.

Would you please link the '59 6196 Country Club with serial 35335 and the '59 6128 with serial 34005 to my profile? I'll update the info right away and include a nice photo.

Thanks!

– Greasy G

Done... see how easy that was? You'll need to tweak the specs and upload a new pic.

as far as the Missing Duo Jet, if you can't locate the serial number in the database, it may have been truncated or masked on the original entry. Try re-entering it as a new guitar. If the S/N is already in, it will let you know... If this happens, just let me know here or via PM.

TP, can you create a category for the new G5024E acoustic? Thanks.

Done... see how easy that was? You'll need to tweak the specs and upload a new pic.

as far as the Missing Duo Jet, if you can't locate the serial number in the database, it may have been truncated or masked on the original entry. Try re-entering it as a new guitar. If the S/N is already in, it will let you know... If this happens, just let me know here or via PM.

– Tartan Phantom

The Club is back up!

My Jet is indeed already in there. I tried to re-enter it and received a notification. Would you mind linking it to my profile as well? It's the 1959 6128 with serial 34005.

The Club is back up!

My Jet is indeed already in there. I tried to re-enter it and received a notification. Would you mind linking it to my profile as well? It's the 1959 6128 with serial 34005.

– Greasy G

done.

TP, can you create a category for the new G5024E acoustic? Thanks.

– Ric12string

Done-- here ya go...

Link

" Today's featured guitar" seems disabled. I see a black rectangle and an odd icon in the corner but no photo

– norm van maastricht

I've been getting the same thing.

Also -- other photos on the home page are blurred.

Is there something at my end that I should do on my desktop?

Link

Test. Nothing to see here.

Lx, you've got "http://http//" in your link. Removing it works for me.

Link

I've been digging around on this a bit. I think the guitar votes were lost in the crash, and that is definitely one of the things it's looking for. So, go find guitars you find particularly interesting, rare, beautiful, whatever, and vote them up. Nice photography, whatever.

Register Sign in to join the conversation