About the Gretsch Pages

Time To Add A New Topic Category?

I know this may come off as being disrespectful but I noticed Dan Duffy's Corner isn't very active. I was wondering if one was to create a new section what might be a good subject title. Again, no disrespect intended towards Dan's legacy.

Even tho I only rarely use them, a Pedal category would be useful to many.

Some of us do stomp a pedal now and again.

I had suggested a few times that:

Category for pedals Dump the bass section .. it's dead. Just put bass stuff in with other guitars. Bring the Other Equipment section way up from where it is at the end, maybe placed under Other Amps Dump the Easton section -- he checks in like once every five years.**

The EE section shows activity from as recent as 2 weeks ago and the bass section 3 months ago. The Dan Duffy section's last contributions were a year ago but it mostly interest was lost 3 years ago. The Other Equipment section was a catch-all that has mostly been used for pedal talk but perhaps it does deserve it's own category. But here's an idea; with the rising market of modeling software etc. perhaps the digital angle might be one way to go. Mind you I am aware most of the members here are purists so take my suggestion with a grain of salt.

Even tho I only rarely use them, a Pedal category would be useful to many.

– wabash slim

Excellent suggestion.

Maybe I should have titled this, "How Would You Tweak The GDP?". No offense, Baxter. You've done a bang-up job here!

No offense taken, and these things are on my radar but only after I find time to finish the server move

"server move"....boy! those are some frightening words.....

Yes they are. And I’m boggled at how much stuff has collected in the attic at the current digs.

Some time after Dan's passing, may he R.I.P, I suggested memorializing his contributions to Gretsch and to this forum. The idea was to clean up some of the posts where there is nothing visible except the title (body of which was lost in the meltdown, I assume) or where there are references by members to images that have dissappeared with no relevance to, or comments from Dan. Simply tidy things up a little bit and allow the Dan Duffy Corner to exist as a reference where viewers can read his contributions and threads that referenced him and his work. There isn't a whole lot there to sort through, and as I mentioned, some threads are simply empty. It seems to me that it could provide a sense of closure, and represent a 'job well done' type of accolade.

In addition to being head of quality control at the Brooklyn factory, Dan was also a guitar player, and he commented on his love of playing music, especially jazz. He also taught guitar. Dan Duffy's Corner as a memorial, could also be added to from time to time as new information or personal contact stories become available, but once established, would require little or no moderation. I just think it would be a nice thing to do, rather than leaving it hanging there as it is.

I know, ideas are cheap, and they can make work, but I'd be willing to pitch in and help if needed.

How about one for custom shop guitars?

At every Roundup I’ve been to, at the end of the evening Mr Carducci has a little program that ends with “ask me anything”.

How about a “Ask Joe” category where Gretsch nuts can get the latest form the man himself. I wouldn’t want to place some obligation on such a busy guy, but who else has his finger on the pulse of the company more than Joe?

You know what they say about “if you want something done give it to a busy guy”...

At every Roundup I’ve been to, at the end of the evening Mr Carducci has a little program that ends with “ask me anything”.

How about a “Ask Joe” category where Gretsch nuts can get the latest form the man himself. I wouldn’t want to place some obligation on such a busy guy, but who else has his finger on the pulse of the company more than Joe?

– Powdog

Now that's a great idea, providing Joe has the time and interest.

Register Sign in to join the conversation