About the Gretsch Pages

Small Suggestion

Add "& Streamliners" to the "Electromatics" section?

Or give Streamliners their own forum. But I think they'd be good combined with Electromatics. Makes it kinda Ford-Mercury, and leaves Lincoln as a separate division.

But they oughta be somewhere. Doesn't make 8 tons of sense to have them where they are now by logical default (ie, mixed in with pro-lines in "Modern Gretsch Guitars") - and have Electromatics separate.

I still say dump t he graveyard bass section and just fold basses into Other Guitars. And PLEASE add a stompbox section and bring Other Equipment from way down there up near, well, the other eqiupment. I'll leave the sorting The Modern World Gretsches to others.

So you'd throw the vintage and modern Streamliners along with all Electromatics into the same corral?

I'd have main categories of Vintage Gretsch & Modern Gretsch and then sub-categories within at least the Modern Gretch if not both. Personally I don't think the Vintage section needs the various models in their own categories as there isn't as many guitars coming up for discussion.

So you'd throw the vintage and modern Streamliners along with all Electromatics into the same corral?

Nono. Like Dave, I'd consider all vintage under one heading. I don't think the interface is set up for sub-categories, per Dave's suggestion - but the same thing (and I like the idea) could be accomplished with forum titles like Modern Pro-Line, Modern Electromatic, and Modern Streamliner.

It also might help to include a date range in the forum description: Vintage Gretsch up through whenever Booneville folded (79? 81-82?); modern varieties 1989 - present.

PLEASE add a stompbox section and bring Other Equipment from way down there up near, well, the other eqiupment.

And DC is SO right about this. When even the rootsiest rockers have pedalboards with 5 or 6 devices, it's time for pedals to get their own forum.

While we’re talking about categories, I can’t find an appropriate place to enter my new 9531 flat top roots guitar acoustic in the database. Am I missing something?

As a bassist, I like the bass section, but I’m happy to put them under Other Guitars and have a stompbox section. My 2 cents.

While we’re talking about categories, I can’t find an appropriate place to enter my new 9531 flat top roots guitar acoustic in the database. Am I missing something?

– Bob Howard

They're all in there now... check again.

A "Pedal Pages" section would be great.....

How about a Gretsch amps section?

I'm still waiting for the Gretsch Ocarina and Musical Comb section.

Register Sign in to join the conversation