About the Gretsch Pages

Please Create a Good Grooming Section

So, it's all about having Whirly Locks. Duly noted. What an outstanding advert!

We used to have a Friday jukebox. Piratesrule bought it specially for the lounge. Punching up Number 53-

Yep, resurrecting the "Good Grooming" thread !

Some challenging times now, as far as grooming goes. I've been feeling a bit overgrown lately, having not been able to get a regular haircut. So.. I took to some "at home videos", and using what is actually a beard trimmer with various attachments, I had at it. Taking care not to go too far, I have to say it came out fairly well ! Even the lady of the house was impressed!

Any other adventures in personal grooming, given the current situation?

I have been trying and failing to cut my own hair.

I’ve gone to the beard.

Looking very "distinguished", Bob !

I have been trying and failing to cut my own hair.

– Suprdave

I'm not even going to attempt that. I guess I'll just go for the au naturel look until I can get into the barber shop once it opens back up.

I'm retired and spending most of my tie down in the bunker. I look like the hermit I am. Shaggy, and in sweats and a T-shirt. I've become an expert at social isolation. All this time I thought I was just antisocial.

I bought some clippers and have been cutting my own hair, I'm very pleased with how it looks. Although I can't get hold of Sweet Georgia Brown. . .

I'm retired and spending most of my tie down in the bunker. I look like the hermit I am. Shaggy, and in sweats and a T-shirt. I've become an expert at social isolation. All this time I thought I was just antisocial.

– wabash slim

Thank you, That made me, in my bunker, alone, in slacks with an elastic waist, laugh out loud. Again, thank you.

I'm looking rather shaggy at the moment....the gray in my two week beard clearly adding age to my otherwise youthful appearance.

My wife says I have a Richard Branson thing going on...I say John Derek, especially in sunglasses.

I became good at giving myself a haircut after I learned how to groom our Bichon Frise. I groomed her for a dozen years or so. Bichon's need perpetual trimming, clipping, and brushing. We saved $1000's over the years...all the tools were <$300.

For some reason I could never get my wife up on the counter afterwards....could have saved $10,000's more!

The trick to cutting one's own hair is to be able to subluxate the shoulder of the arm of the hand that holds the scissors while looking into a mirror held by the other hand while looking backwards into another mirror...

The haircut is easy, cleaning up all the hair afterwards is a PITA!

Thank you, That made me, in my bunker, alone, in slacks with an elastic waist, laugh out loud. Again, thank you.

– Olivia Anne

The sad part is that it's true.

COPD, immunocompromised, recovering from pneumonia, is one aspect. Poor is another. On top of it all, I'm still old and grouchy.

One Year Anniversary of her euthanasia was this past weekend...

Strangely apt, stay sane.

Drop da mic.

– UncleGrumpy

Hate to break it to you John, but Geico isn’t doing caveman commercials anymore.

John- I like it ! Get you a Billy Bo guitar and noodle hat and you're ready to do your Billy Gibbons impersonation!

Not a noodle hat but maybe a little bit better?

Yep.. there you go !

Register Sign in to join the conversation