About the Gretsch Pages

Please Create a Good Grooming Section

This is Shuie's thread if you didn't know.

"Where members, assured and content in their inherent manliness, may discuss fashion, accessorising, colours, fabrics, scent, hair products (including 'systems') and modern etiquette in a warm, welcoming domain."

Got the library somewhere as well.

Two of my recent indulgences, that I believe have led to a better sense of style and certainly grooming... 1.

And...2.

– Ernest Hernandez

Nice. That is smooth stuff.

Lets order a case or two and keep some on hand, shall we?

Two of my recent indulgences, that I believe have led to a better sense of style and certainly grooming... 1.

– Ernest Hernandez

I've been using suavecito pomade for the past 3-4 years, it's some really good stuff.

I haven't tried Suavecito but every water soluble pomade I've tried I just haven't been able to get along with.

Lately I've been using either Black & White or some Dax Green n Gold in combo with Murray's Ultra Light.

Can't believe you saved the leather books, the mahogany panelling, the studded Davenports and the Persian rugs from the data flood. Even the portraits of the Original Three- we all owe them a significant debt of gratitude. Well done Piratesrule.

This season, I've mostly been using Osis Flexwax. Holds good, smells sweet and washes right out. I used to like Nu-Nile in my younger days, as seen on the back of the first Stray Cats album. That smelt terrific but near enough needed engine degreaser to tear it out.

Did we really lose the old one?

I don't really know what I'm talking about really but I got a 404 message when I googled "GDP Good Grooming".

Ya Baxter the thread came up minus all posts, then said that I started it after posting a pic. Oh reminds me I saved your dad too, here ya go.

I bet its mislabellled. If we could find it by post text I could re label it.

Have to say, I'm really quite touched at your concern for the welfare of the Lounge, Baxter. Here's the 404 from a Google search, if it is of any help-

http://gretschpages.com/for...

The Google search criteria-

https://www.google.co.uk/se...

Also, for everyone's amusement, a shimmery review of the Good Grooming Lounge. As you'd expect, it's posted in the Eddie Van Halen Amplifier thread at Metroamp. Scroll down to post #10-

http://forum.metroamp.com/v...

The thread may be ephemeral Baxter, but the spirit of good gentlemanly presentation and comportment can continue. Here's to you.

My goodness, that is a ringing endorsement from an unexpected quarter! Here's to the gentlemen of the Metroamp Forum!

~ Cheers ~ !!!

I do like a bit of the old Roxy Music, Pirate. There's just something about Bryan Ferry looking like a stranger in his own band- the rest all space-rock and him looking like he should be in Casablanca. Oddly fitting image of the elegant outsider and observer.

Imagine Ferry without the Antony Price 40s Hollywood glamour suits-

Or missing Keith Wainwright's sleek hairstylings- longer variations on 40s-50s classics.

I can't.

Found this yesterday. Ah, great memories of this thread, we laughed so much. I know that I tried to make a graceful exit and leave it to the Club's gentlemanly membership, but I was pulled back in! Nice to see that others appreciated the kooky musings as well.

Those were hilarious days

Goodness, gracious- I believe it is. From about fifty pages in by the looks of it.

Bless you Baxter. How many hundred guitars have gone a-wandering and you can still make time for the lounge?

Yes Deed, you just couldn't resist! For we all know, deep down, that rock n roll has almost as much to do with the old dressing-up box as it has to do with words, notes and beats. Almost.

Did you ever get that little mail from a few weeks back?

Guitars are somewhat tracked and in the very capable hands of Tartan Phantom. I've been tracking down other things, like memorabilia. Need to get started on Happenings.

Baxter my good man, I do believe you have worked a miracle!

And I had almost totally forgotten about Winklepickers!

If the good grooming thread had sponsors, These guys would be good candidates. All manner of shaving accoutrement for the gentleman. The Other thread put me onto them. I may have to reconsider my electric.

Baxter my good man, I do believe you have worked a miracle!

And I had almost totally forgotten about Winklepickers!

– mr jimi

I used to have a piar...omg

Register Sign in to join the conversation