About the Gretsch Pages

Member questions…

Paul just took part in the One Hit Wonder thread.

I'm always on the lookout for Whofan.

I had hooked him up with a guitar I had won and would drop a line to him now and again to see how he was doing, but the last few pings went unanswered.

AJ was the old NYC punker now living in China. Thanks, Bob. Really liked his tunes, and always looked forward to him coming back to the states and sharing a beer or two.

Pappy was just in NYC recently, but I was unable to get together with him,but we promised, next year, indeed!

There are several people I wonder about too and am sorry they don’t come around anymore. But I can imagine some people move on and others just are too busy.

But anyway, it’s good to be missed…. ; )
I still read the GDP regularly and post occasionally but definitely not as much as I would like too. Life and work have been interfering, specially last year.
Like Ric says: there are several people I am in touch with through Facebook and I see lots of posts on FB from active and inactive members here. And with other people, like Shuggie and Ed, I communicate a lot with good old emails…. Although not as much as we used to. Here too life and work get in the way.
I hope I’ll have more time in the future but it’s hard to tell. Being a self employed Photographer and Guitar repair person, not having enough time means that I am working, which is good and I am not complaining… But a little more free time would be nice every now and then.

Long ago there was a guy Cadillac Green or Cad Green who had cogent things to say.

I thought Cadillac Green was "FIretone" or Leslie, but I may be mistaken.

Mitch C is another loss. His playing was always way up there. I recall he had to give up the guitar and believe he now focuses on other things. He had a nice collection.

Mustafa Stefan Dill is another I haven’t seen recently.

Mustafa Stefan Dill is another I haven’t seen recently.

– Threadkiller

Another one I see on fb now and again.

I miss Jayce Mumford. Great guy, and posted fun projects. Likes quirky designs.

Don Wood!!! I suppose I could give him a call.... I’m also guilty of fading out for awhile. I don’t even play anymore. Been reading the GDP a lot lately, though.

Don Wood!!! I suppose I could give him a call.... I’m also guilty of fading out for awhile. I don’t even play anymore. Been reading the GDP a lot lately, though.

– Troy6120

Troy, I've got Don's phone number if you want it.

Brent

speaking of Don Wood, where's "Otterbean"(Curtis Bias). he was another one from "dear ol' Luzianne".

To be fair, I moved cross country back to my hometown in Florida, and have been ridiculously busy with work. It's a good problem to have, I'm not complaining. I set the guitar down for a couple years in the middle of all this transition but picked it back up and am pleased in finding chops I'd forgotten. I hope all is well with you all.

Not that anyone's been looking for me, but I'm very familiar with life getting in the way of the GDP. I've taken some long sabbaticals from here over the years, some as long as 3-5 years. Interests come and go, and I've had long periods when I've found myself busy with work, school, photography, relationships, etc. I still check in when I think to, and try to contribute when I see something relevant.

For the record, I miss JimmyR.

Jeff O hasn't been around too much, either.

I wish that pretentious libtard Strummerson schmuck would stay lost. But he keeps coming back intermittently.

Glad to bump into Hyde Baker and Michiel and Jayce Mumford on fb once in a while. I don't think Hyde is building anymore. A shame. Beautiful work.

Register Sign in to join the conversation