About the Gretsch Pages

Get your guitar updated!

PM was sent to Tartan Phantom with info to update my guitars in my profile but message was kicked back to my email. Any suggestions on how to communicate?

I meant, do I need to search in the database for my serial #?

Well, you don't want a duplicate in there, right?

PM was sent to Tartan Phantom with info to update my guitars in my profile but message was kicked back to my email. Any suggestions on how to communicate?

– Kahuna

PM sent to you from me with my contact info -- post in this thread if you don't get it within the next 3 hours or so.

All PM's answered so far. If you PM'd me and didn't get a response, now's the time to let me know.

Guitar base links updated. Thanks Tartan Phantom!

Lee

I always enjoy a challenge. Can't wait until I have to deal with re-connecting CBell's stash... You probably won't see me for a week.

In a way, it's been good. I've been finding a lot that were miscategorized or generally wrong from the get go

Which seems like a good time to mention: Please, if you see something wrong, notify the owner. It's up to ALL of us to keep things accurate in there.

Also, PLEASE check for your guitar before re-entering it. Putting in duplicates is too easy right now (due to some dodgy data) and chasing down duplicates is way harder than just assigning the thing to you in the first place.

My 6119-SP isn't in the data base anymore, so I tried adding it, and even though there is a 6119-SP section, when I go to add the guitar, that model (SP) isn't available as a model of the second page of the "add" input fields with all the other various 6119 models...Should I just select 6119 only?

My 6119-SP isn't in the data base anymore, so I tried adding it, and even though there is a 6119-SP section, when I go to add the guitar, that model (SP) isn't available as a model of the second page of the "add" input fields with all the other various 6119 models...Should I just select 6119 only?

– Rhythmisking

It is in there, but sometimes all of the variations of a certain model are not necessarily grouped together.

If you can't find it in the data input form, just do this:

input it as a 6119, then PM me with the serial number or simply post a link to the guitar's page, and I will make the change on this end to put it in the correct category.

I see I've made a mistake in entering the original record. I mislabeled my 5120 at a 2012 build, when it should have been 2011. Serial No. KS11014283. It is listed as owner unknown. In 2013 I replaced the original nut with a bone nut, and the Adjustomatic bridge with an aluminum TruArc.

I see I've made a mistake in entering the original record. I mislabeled my 5120 at a 2012 build, when it should have been 2011. Serial No. KS11014283. It is listed as owner unknown. In 2013 I replaced the original nut with a bone nut, and the Adjustomatic bridge with an aluminum TruArc.

– Jim Krause

It's been re-assigned to your profile-- you will need to upload a new picture.

I read the directions and Voila! everything is back. I had to make a new photo but that ended up being the best shot I ever made of my guitar to date.

Bit of a text issue in the "Story" section that expect will get resolved in due time

Mine were all there. Updated the missing specs and uploaded pictures.

bumping this thread for the knuckle draggers out there.

Hey Tartan,

I tried sending you a couple of messages but it doesn't look like they're going thru.

The 2004 Gretsch 6119-STV: JT04096738 is mine.

Hey Tartan,

I tried sending you a couple of messages but it doesn't look like they're going thru.

The 2004 Gretsch 6119-STV: JT04096738 is mine.

– Charlie Vegas

Done-- Check your profile, tweak the specs, and upload a new pic!

Everyone else-- If you've sent a PM and it bounced, follow Charlie's lead and post your needs here.

Thanks, Baxter, for adding in regular Gretsch Dynasonics to the list of pickups. When convenient, can you please add "Deep Maple Stain" as a color option for all DSV owners?

I think you'd have a hard time convincing most folks the DSV is something other than "6120 Orange", no matter what it might have been called.

If anything, I'd move toward less specificity (as I did with Dynas) as overly specific choices have proven to lead people to choosing the wrong one.

Well, you haven't seen the guitar up close then, Bax. It truly is a stain, rather than a paint. And, it is a deeper, redder hue than the 6120 Orange color. "Deep Maple Stain" was the name for it that Gretsch used.

I registered in July 2013, so my Panther got lost as my account too.

It's readded now with the same photo and specs.

I don't really dispute any of that, Ric. It's just that we've found already that the more options we add, the more folks get confused. And defining the 6120 orange itself is nearly impossible, as it's ranged from near-safety-orange to near brown to near-red, with very little rhyme or reason. For example, the DE and the 6120N are pretty much exactly the same color, despite having two different names for it. Add in the fact that the vintage examples have all shifted in color anyway, and it's just not worth trying.

If I were to add 'Deep Maple Stain" I would have about two days max before somebody said that was the color of a 6114 or something.

Register Sign in to join the conversation