About the Gretsch Pages

Get your guitar updated!

If your guitar is missing in the database:

First, make sure it's not actually missing. Do a search, or peruse the model. An awful lot of guitars are in the database but not currently associated with their rightful owner. So they're there, but not connected to you.

If that's the case, DO NOT add it again. That will either create a duplicate or just error out, depending on a couple of things. The right thing to do is to contact your Gretsch-GEAR admins and let them get it back on track for you.

That's me, and Tartan Phantom. Either of us can do it, but until we overwhelm him, I'd appreciate it if we kicked those requests his way, as I'm a little swamped already. Be sure to include the SN and model you're talking about (and maybe a URL).

If you can't find the guitar in the database at all, and it's truly gone missing, then just ignore the previous and re-enter it.

Thanks!

Bax, I found my Duo Jet by searching for the serial #JT11040001. It was a partial entry from that which it had been before the crash--about 2/3 of the information was there. I updated it as best I could with the "options" available. For example, there was no Dynasonic option available for pickup selection. I mention that here only because I assume that omission occurs across the GDP Universe and you, therefore, would want to add that. Thank you again for all you do and have done.

They are (or were, until a minute ago) in the the system as DeArmond Dynasonics.

I had a couple that were MIA, so I added them back in.

In doing so, I noticed that we need plain ol' Gretsch Dynasonics as a pickup option.

Also, we need "Deep Maple Stain" as a color option for all DSV owners.

DeArmond Dynasonics are not the same thing as Gretsch Dynasonics, as many from the vintage side of this site will attest.

A few things to Know and Remember:

1. If you had a guitar in the database and you did not have a serial number entered, your listing is gone. completely. In this case, you will simply need to re-list the guitar, and please list the serial number (you have an option to mask it).

2. If you had a serial number in your listing, but your guitar does NOT show on your profile page, there's a pretty good chance that we can locate your guitar and re-associate it with your profile. However, I will need TWO things to do this-- First, I will need the serial number and model. Second, I will need your profile login name. Please note-- this is not necessarily the same as your screen name. Your profile login name is the name that you use to log in to the website. I do NOT need (nor do I want) your password.

3. If you try to re-enter your guitars and you get a message stating that the serial number is already in use or already in the database, see step #2.

4. Send the info to me via a Grestchpages PM. If you need to resurrect multiple guitars, you may include the info on all of them in the same PM. My profile is located HERE. If you get a bounce on the PM please post a message in this thread and we'll work out a contact method.

5. When I have this info, I will re-unite your surviving guitar(s) to your profile-- in most cases there will NOT be a picture-- the vast majority of those were lost in the crash. In addition, some of the specs may or may not be blank. And if you had the "story" section completed, that is gone like the photos. So PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE upload a photo of the guitar and double check your specs and data once the guitar is back under your account's control.

6. This is not going to happen overnight, but I will process as many as humanly possible in a timely fashion. Yes, there are some specs that need tweaking-- a few color and pickup options are missing, but do the best you can, and if you're not sure, be sure to check the box marked "I need help!" when submitting your entry.

7. In order to make things as accurate as possible, when entering data options (pickups, bridges, knobs, tailpieces, etc) PLEASE BE SURE TO ENTER THE DATA FOR THE "STOCK ORIGINAL GUITAR". If you have made modifications, (aftermarket bridge, tailpiece, pickups, etc) list the modifications in the "Mods" section.

Tim, I can't thank you enough for performing a miracle getting the Gretsch Pages back up! I've got all but one of the guitars on my profile redone. One question. Would it be ok to start up new threads based on old posts (i.e., my Hagner White Falcon post) or should we wait to see if the original posts will turn up again?

TP, do you have any idea whether FMIC era guitars have bone nuts or Delrin nuts? I never have a clue on that question.

TP, do you have any idea whether FMIC era guitars have bone nuts or Delrin nuts? I never have a clue on that question.

– Ric12string

Speaking very generally, most FMIC Pro-lines have bone nuts. There are exceptions. A small handful of models have brass nuts.

In the Electromatic line, it varies greatly, with earlier FMIC models (pre-2006) having mostly Delrin.

The easiest way to tell is simply by looking at the nut. Most Delrin nuts will have more gloss than bone, will be more even in color, and will definitely appear less porous in texture.

@ Baxter

Tim, I found all three of mine last night and sent the information to you. should I now send that information to Rob instead ?

Brent

Mine's back! With Rob's help, I just re-listed it.

My Electromatic 12 seemed to be missing so I added it again. Then I saw the cautions. So I checked by year and it is only listed once.

I noticed that my 6120 had some info and the picture missing. Probably should update the picture as it is one from before it was my guitar.

Bax, can we put more than one picture in the listing?

The listings are only set up for one photo per guitar. However, you can update the photo by simply uploading a new one. It should automatically overwrite the old one as long as it doesn't have the same filename.

I need to look for the serial #?

I need to look for the serial #?

– Geoff_Vane

You never looked at the back of the headstock? or inside the f-hole?

Well, I found My G5191BK serial # on my photobucket but I wasn't smart enough to put my Clipper on there and my Double cut Synchromatic Jet is @ 2000 - 2001 model and has no serial # . What was the darned nomenclature or model # on those darned duo jets and will it disturb the database if I try to re add it?

Well, I found My G5191BK serial # on my photobucket but I wasn't smart enough to put my Clipper on there and my Double cut Synchromatic Jet is @ 2000 - 2001 model and has no serial # . What was the darned nomenclature or model # on those darned duo jets and will it disturb the database if I try to re add it?

– Suprdave

Dave, just send me a PM with the requested info from post #6 above.

If the Clipper and The Double Jet were never in there, you are free to add them at any time. If they were in there, but with no s/n, they have been purged-- start from square one.

Regarding your black Double Jet-- if it reads "Electromatic" on the headstock, it's model 2921. If it reads "Synchromatic", it's model 1921.

Thanks, Rob. Yeah, the Clipper was in there with the sn# but the Double cut Jet had no sn#. I'll get the Clipper updated after I get the sn# off of it and I should be able to update the G5191BK today.

Well, I went to update it and it sent me to a link to email. Let me know if you got it because when I hit send I got the AW NUTS! page.

didn't get it Dave, but you've got my personal email somewhere-- just send it there.

Alright, sent to your yahoo address.

I found my 400JV, but it's empty except the serial number. This includes who owns it (me), so there's no way I can put the info back in (unless there's a magic trick I don't know).

I'll put together a Model and Serial# list of my stuff and send to the Plaid Plucker to hopefully restore my access to editing them. Good plan?

Yup, that'll work. Armed with an sn, we can reconnect ya.

Register Sign in to join the conversation