About the Gretsch Pages

GDP registry integrity

If we intend for the GDP serial number registry to have any integrity for those seeking information on Gretsch guitars, I would submit we should delete entries that are obvious copies (knockoffs) of Gretsch models. Otherwise we are just condoning their existence, and confusing those searching the GDP registry for information on their own guitar's authenticity.

Thanks for cleaning this up!

http://gretschpages.com/gui...

Hey Ed, in that link you say only one modern Gretsch had the Florentine cutaway. I know of two. The 6120N and the 3967 Historic.

The sad part of this is that someone got duped---and likely overpaid for the privilege. The scammers that perpetrated this nonsense used the hood name of Gretsch to raise the price of a copycat guitar.

This just proves that one should always do their due diligence and research their purchases---Caveat Emptor!

Don't forget the 'Rambler'.

Atkins Axe also had the Florentine

Thanks for bringing this up, Ed.

In the future, if anyone sees something like this, just post a "Paging Tartan Phantom" post (it's more reliable than the PM function) and I'll look into it. I'm not on here 24/7 and I don't screen every single entry, it's just not possible.

Both of the offending eyes have been plucked.

Also-- Ed, I'm pretty sure that you still have database admin access, but Baxter would have to confirm that.

Thanks for bringing this up, Ed.

In the future, if anyone sees something like this, just post a "Paging Tartan Phantom" post (it's more reliable than the PM function) and I'll look into it. I'm not on here 24/7 and I don't screen every single entry, it's just not possible.

Both of the offending eyes have been plucked.

Also-- Ed, I'm pretty sure that you still have database admin access, but Baxter would have to confirm that.

– Tartan Phantom

Yes... the 6120N was the modern reissue I was thinking about (Florentine cutaway). I'm sure you're correct about the Historic model you mentioned. I don't know jack about those.

The Rambler and Atkins Axe models are from the vintage era... my comment was specific to the modern era.

Yeah... I probably do have admin. rights, but I put too much time into managing my own database. You guys will have to handle this one (and thanks for that!).

Register Sign in to join the conversation