About the Gretsch Pages

Does Everyone Have All of Their Guitars in the Database?

With the holiday long weekend, this would be the perfect time and opportunity to take some photographs of your Gretsch guitars and then load the information into the GDP's guitar database.

You will recall that the guitar database was a victim of the great GDP database crash from a few years ago. There were so many guitars and great photos in the guitar database that were lost.

If you haven't uploaded the information about your Gretsch guitars, try to take a moment this long weekend to do so. You will help create a droolworthy guitar site which will also educate people in the future as to what Gretsch was building during these years.

Nope.... I couldn't find a spot for my Gibsons and Fenders....

But yes, all my Gretsches are in there and even one of them that I sold....

Uh no.

I guess I should do that.

P

Yeah, I just sold one too, still shows as mine. Other than that I think it's up to date.

For all my yakkin' on about stuff... I never did that. I don't have pix of all 20 that came thru, but I do for some of coolest ... 3 hi lo tron Astro Jet still on the scene in Europe, and the killer 6119 Tenny with factory original 6120 orange finish, etc, the 76 solidbody Broadkaster I KNOW someone needs/can't live without for $650, and a few others... got pix of those.

Is the site accepting photo uploads at the moment?

Yup. All but one that’s coming in and will be added upon arrival.

If you put a guitar into the database, but subsequently sell it, don't worry about that. The buyer need only contact Bax or Tartan Phantom and they will change it over to the new owner/member's name. So, if you have a photo of a Gretsch that you have already sold, and you know that it is not in the guitar database, go ahead an put it in. You can indicate in the entry form that the guitar is not yours so that it will not be linked to your member profile (there is a little box that you check that says it is not your guitar).

Nope.... I couldn't find a spot for my Gibsons and Fenders....

But yes, all my Gretsches are in there and even one of them that I sold....

– Danman

There's a comedian in every crowd!

I just recently updated it with a better photo so yes.

Is the site accepting photo uploads at the moment?

– Proteus

Yes, Proteus. I added a guitar just this morning.

By the way, I notice that you have previously only entered TWO of your many Gretsch guitars. You have a lot of work ahead of you for that laundry list of Gretsch guitars that you own!

Maybe it's all a fraud. Maybe I don't have any. Maybe I'm not who I pretend to be - though why would anyone pretend to be this? Maybe I don't exist.

Did the pic you put in actually appear after you putted it?

Maybe it's all a fraud. Maybe I don't have any. Maybe I'm not who I pretend to be - though why would anyone pretend to be this? Maybe I don't exist.

Did the pic you put in actually appear after you putted it?

– Proteus

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Proteus...

Proteus Who? ..................

Well I don't own those guitars anymore except the Broadkaster but still they are cool to look at. Case In point --

Did the pic you put in actually appear after you putted it? -- Proteus

Indeed, it did.

By the way, the whole world is a fraud. It is all a fake.

Well I don't own those guitars anymore except the Broadkaster but still they are cool to look at. Case In point --

– DCBirdMan

Way cool. But, don't put it here. Put it here.

Yep.....all of mine are in there with descriptions.

Sadly, I have but one Gretsch, also several by "other" makers... and my Gretsch is still there (I checked)

‘Fraid I’m way behind the curve too.

There's a comedian in every crowd!

– Ric12string

I'm glad you noticed! And there's more where that came from. I also still have two Hofners and a Harmony....

I just checked. Yup, it's in there. Thanks for asking, and thanks for the reminder, Bob.

Just a plea to the masses... this GDP database is a serial number registry, so please include that info in your postings. If you're shy about sharing that info then there is a function that allows you to hide it.

Having a database full of photos of undocumented guitars really serves no purpose. Currently there's a lot of that, including someone who listed an unfinished Corvette body. I'm baffled about that one!

Did the pic you put in actually appear after you putted it? -- Proteus

Indeed, it did.

By the way, the whole world is a fraud. It is all a fake.

– Ric12string

I'm also told that free will is an illusion.

(Now I need to summon some of that illusion so I can enter several missing guitars.)

Register Sign in to join the conversation