About the Gretsch Pages

Can anyone post pics at the moment, or is it just me?

I've been getting this since last night:

500 Internal Server Error
nginx

Me, three -- not to mention the PM system has also been throwing error messages -- all of which begs the question, "How does one contact -- directly -- the board's new robot overlords?"

This has happened a lot lately. My totally baseless idea is that dudes are uploading these huge pix files when they could be 1/4 the size, and maybe it's over running the space they have.

I've always been too dumb to post pics so this hasn't effected me.

No can do. So, General Lee got no party balloons or cake. Guess it is a site wide fail.

Not working for me -- tried several times, but.....................

nothing beats off-site hosting. I never use the attachment function... and I'm just as curmudgeonly as some others around here.

Rob, that is the very height of curmudgeon pictures, congrats.

As far as pics not posting, it seems like maybe a database threshold has been reached.

Likely... Bax used to post that it was time to clear out something or other when this sort of thing happened.... restoration followed shortly.

nothing beats off-site hosting. I never use the attachment function... and I'm just as curmudgeonly as some others around here.

– Tartan Phantom

Looks like The Most Interesting Man in the World. Stay thirsty.

No can do. So, General Lee got no party balloons or cake. Guess it is a site wide fail.

– Olivia Anne

So that's what happened to all my party favors! And I so looking forward to the surprise.

Let's try it offsite style. Here's a pic of a Rangemaster and G&L PTB circuit that I installed in my Zemaitis yesterday...

Yeah, I know I can host pics offsite. I hosted thousands of pics offsite years ago and linked them here - until Bax inSISted event pics be hosted here - and strongly preferred all GDP images reside in the database. (And I can't help mentioning that today I still have all those offsite pics, whereas everything stored in the database up through the crash in 20wheneveritwas is now gawn gawn gawn.)

So. Whatever.

Ain't hankerin' to upload pics to my host, copy the URLs, and paste them in here. (Though that workflow would let me have more than one pic per post, the restriction to which has always been one of my problems with GDP pic hosting (along with the miserable size they're shrunk down to. Though, equally, I understand Bax's concern that all 25 posts on one page could have dozens of pics in each, radically impacting the perceived speediness of GDP browser response.)

So it's all an endless succession of qualifiers and thoughs. It makes me tired. I've been a slow learner, but by now I'm not sure it's even worth the effort anymore.

I can’t even post a new topic right now (have a NGD to share - Firefly)

YOU PUT A RANGEMASTER IN A GUITAR???

YOU PUT A RANGEMASTER IN A GUITAR???

– macphisto

such a great idea!

Pro, Do you have the Auction House Roundup pics somewhere?

I know they never got posted here, so hopefully they're somewhere we could see them if granted a link.

I probably might. I have huge stashes on a couple of external drives - one of which has failed, and I don't know how much redundancy there is across them. If they were ever on the GDP, they're probably still at one of the hosts I've used. I'll try to remember to look for them.

GDP pic hosting (along with the miserable size they're shrunk down to.

Worth noting that that size isn't all that small, but is dependent on your screen size (smaller screens are fed smaller versions), and that the full size version remains available (just a right-click away). The latter feature is particularly problematic given the ginormous uploads from cameras these days.

testing size (and upload)

that displays for me at 538px inline in the post, which isn't that small.

Register Sign in to join the conversation