About the Gretsch Pages

Baxter!!

Uncle G, did you get the test note???

I sent one about a month ago, worked.

Doesn't look as though it made it here, JC... sorry.

PS- not one of those with Yahoo in my email, either.

Curious, this. Bax and Bob have always rec'd my notes. Apparently, though, not everyone is getting through.

Kevin, I just sent you a test email. I will report back shortly.

Kevin, I just received this message in my inbox. I've deleted various #s for security's sake.

This is the mail system at host mail.gretschpages.com.

THIS IS A WARNING ONLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Your message could not be delivered for more than 1 hour(s). It will be retried until it is 5 day(s) old.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

: host [IP Address] refused to talk to me: Connection refused. 1xxx has a poor reputation on Cloudmark Sender Intelligence (CSI). Please visit http:request/?ip=xxxx to request a delisting.

Not sure what's up, but I'm not on a gmail/yahoo account

Yes, JD, I got it. However, I think that the most frequent problem, per Bax, was when the originating email host domain was Yahoo.

Bob- it didn't make it. I just sent you one direct from my email instead of here....

Maybe that'll work, although I have not idea what it might prove about PM's

K

JC- interesting, no one's ever reported something like that about my email before. There was some issue about 18 months ago when my addy popped up in someone else's hacked F-book account, but that's faded off now...

Weird and wonderful things are happening.

Kevin, my PM to you was kicked back as undeliverable. Here is the message that I received:

Delayed Mail (still being retried) Dec 6, 2016, 7:48 PM From Mail Delivery System Details This is the mail system at host mail.gretschpages.com.

THIS IS A WARNING ONLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Your message could not be delivered for more than 1 hour(s). It will be retried until it is 5 day(s) old.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

: host idcmail-mx2no.cg.shawcable.net[64.59.13.] refused to talk to me: 554 mi04.dcs.int.inet cmsmtp Connection refused. 173.203.78.*** has a poor reputation on Cloudmark Sender Intelligence (CSI). Please visit http://csi.cloudmark.com/re... to request a delisting. Return-Path: Received: from ubuntu (unknown [IPv6:::1]) by mail.gretschpages.com (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 56A91494269 for ; Wed, 7 Dec 2016 02:35:09 +0000 (UTC) Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Subject: A message from Ric12string on The Gretsch Pages From: ric12string's email address on YAHOO> To: kevin's email address Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 02:35:09 -0000 Message-ID: <20161207023509.24929.55660@ubuntu>

Hmmm- you and JC both got similar messages, yet your direct email to me came through unimpeded.

And both seem to think I have a poor rep on something called "Cloudmark" whichsame I never heard of before today, but took a look at regardless. It seems they are a company that people/organizations can subscribe to which will block individual emails against some scale.

According to their site, "....Cloudmark is a trusted leader in messaging security that protects 1 in 8 of the world's mailboxes. With a 14-year track record, we are the vendor of choice for spam and malware protection among leading ISPs and mobile providers around the world.."

My guess is the GDP PM system is a client. And somehow, Cloudmark has me as a baddie.

One interesting tidbit. (in Canada- Timbit): The sender who gets the bounce-back can request that someone be de-listed, but not the recipient (as in general, the recipient will never know about mail they don't actually receive..)

Uncle G, did you get the test note???

– Kevin Frye

Yup. Strange. I'll try sending one to you.

Bax's been busy but got round to replying my mail.

Problem solved. Well, mine at least.

I've never had issues

– Rey Allen (Jeff O)

Oh, you've had lots of issues. Just not this particular issue.

Ya jackweed.

Register Sign in to join the conversation