About the Gretsch Pages

Baxter!!

I can't send or receive PM's. Is it something on my end? When I send one it comes back as undelivered mail returned to sender.

John, the PM function on the site is as good as dead. I haven't been able to use it for several years now. I get the same "undeliverable" mail notice. It used to seem to be limited to Yahoo mail addresses, but now it seems to be most other addresses as well. It is the one really weak link in the GDP chain, isn't it?

Thanks for the info. It's a minor inconvenience. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a problem on my end. I can work around it.

John, when you get back the "undeliverable" notice, it typically has the recipient's email address in the heading, so you can pick it out and paste it into a new email and then send the message. But, it is definitely a 2-step process.

Aw, c'mon Deed, I know better than that!

no. Deed's right, Bob. I don't have any problems sending out messages.

Mine works, but I'd really like to change the address on it.

I am also not getting anything out of PM I still wish site owner would make a separate section for stomp boxes - even tho I only use two. Bass section is dead... just have basses in w/ guitars.

Works for me too... how else to you think I manage to constantly pester Deed?

Bob, we are outcasts.

– UncleGrumpy

Well, I have known that about me for a very long time. But, frankly, I am quite surprised to learn it about you, John.

Works for me too... how else to you think I manage to constantly pester Deed?

– Tartan Phantom

I find it quite possible to pester Deed despite the fact that the PM function doesn't work at all for me.

Bax has told me that it has to do with Yahoo. So, for all of you yahoos who have bragged about the PM function working for you, do any of you have your email address with Yahoo.com?

It wouldn't work for me on my Yahoo! e-mail address. The guys changed my address over to my ATT address and now it works fine.

I find it quite possible to pester Deed despite the fact that the PM function doesn't work at all for me.

Bax has told me that it has to do with Yahoo. So, for all of you yahoos who have bragged about the PM function working for you, do any of you have your email address with Yahoo.com?

– Ric12string

I, too can pester Deed directly if I so choose, but if I did, I'm sure that she'd somehow manage to put me in "time out", and as the old saying goes, it's not nice to fool Mother Nature.

To answer your Yahoo question-- my old address was a Yahoo address, but I switched it a few years back when the PM problems began... haven't had a problem since.

It works for me too.

My site has the same issue, I receive the mail but the sender gets a failed message so usually I get four or five duplicate messages.

I am no yahoo.

– UncleGrumpy

But- you may have mail....

I just assumed nobody liked me!

I've tried to contact Bax several times via PM, gretschpages mail address, gmail address...nothing. The pigeon is probably dead too.

Anyone tried smoke signals?

I've tried to contact Bax several times via PM, gretschpages mail address, gmail address...nothing. The pigeon is probably dead too.

Anyone tried smoke signals?

– Ger (aka Ratrod)

How about bouncing a radio signal off of the moon surface?

Works for me, off and on.

Facebook works, but Bax hasn't been posting on it all that much.

New house, new job.

Life outside the internet sometimes keeps people busy.

Hmmmm --- I just sent one a few days ago and it worked perfectly. And I didn't have to perform any incantations or animal sacrifices either!

Register Sign in to join the conversation