About the Gretsch Pages

Anybody else getting double posts?

Last few postings of mine have wound up getting posted twice. Just wondering if it was coz it was on my iPad or sumpthin’.

It can occur when you become inpatient that it is taking too long to upload. Sometimes we will then tap the post button twice. Of course, you can always go back in and delete the extra post.

I did that once and both of ‘em went away, bud.

And I’m far too devoid of a life to allow my posts to just disappear completely.

I am not sure why that would have happened, but I would presume that it was an isolated incident. I believe that you can confidently delete one post and the other will remain. Give it a try.

Happened to me yesterday...It wasn't my fault!

Lots of "Site Unreachable" Errors, then a few seconds later it maps out as usual.

I just deleted the second when I realize it.

Totally off topic:

I wish parts of this site would be rearranged in a more logical way. -- admitteldy, this is my logic and no one else's .

Bass-ment is a dead zone/graveyard.... just have the Other Guitars section changed to Other Guitars and Basses

Bring "Other Equipment" up under Other Amps. It's lost down there.

And have separate section for stompboxes -- lots of pedal chat here and it ends up in other amps, or buried/lost on Other Equpment.

My 2 cents only

I've done a double a couple of times myself, I think that I double tapped the "add post" button. My most silly mistake was quoting one of my own posts in a thread that was resurrected! I'm still trying to figure out how to get those partial quotes, and multiple partial quotes, that some of the more experienced members do.

I've done a double a couple of times myself, I think that I double tapped the "add post" button. My most silly mistake was quoting one of my own posts in a thread that was resurrected! I'm still trying to figure out how to get those partial quotes, and multiple partial quotes, that some of the more experienced members do.

– Wade H

Anything that you post after the symbol ">" will appear as a quotation. (NOTE: However, you can't do multiple paragraphs with a single ">" symbol. You have to repeat the symbol for each new paragraph of quoted text.) So, you can simply copy and paste a portion of a prior post after that ">" symbol and then type the name of the original poster after the quote. This will make the copied portion appear as a quote and will identify who posted it.

I tend to put the name of the person who originally posted the quote in italics and after a couple of hyphens like this: -- poster's name

Give it a try!

I had double post issues with an iPad as well. Laptop is fine.

I found that I had double posts until I put my glasses on.

It's a drummer thing. Something about tim-ING.

Anything that you post after the symbol ">" will appear as a quotation. Ric12string

Thanks Ric, I appreciate your help! It looks like it worked!

Sam, do you repeat yourself when under stress?

Do you repeat yourself when under stress?

Do you repeat yourself when under stress?

Register Sign in to join the conversation