About the Gretsch Pages

Any posters you are more likely to read?

I've noticed that as I scan the New Topics listing, I am more likely to read threads either started or commented on by some individuals regularly. One that comes to mind is kceddieb.

Do you have people you can count on to provide well written thoughtful helpful posts, who you are more likely to read?

Proteus. Ah, those were the days, My Friend. And all the rest of us. We're fascinating.

Title and content for me too. I have no keen interest in Fender & Gibson guitars per se, topics such as Gibson's robo-tuners and corporate mismanagement notwithstanding. I own and enjoy primarily Gretsch guitars and things Gretsch. I don't own or play solid body guitars so even a thread on a Gretsch solid body doesn't always generate interest for me.....it depends on the actual subject content of the thread.

All of us who were regulars here before the massive data crash know that Proteus not only has a command of language that surpasses that of most mortals, but that his thinking is incredibly disciplined almost dauntingly detail-oriented. But he's barely here these days.

I'll read anything that piques my curiosity, but Ed and Curt Wilson are the guys to pay attention to if you really want to learn something.

Title & Content here, too. And yeah, I miss Proteus.

I tend to read the posts of my friends and those who have shown that they can write a well thought out sentence and those who usually have something to say or show. I mostly avoid the posts of those who write long, rambling, paragraphs when a short, succinct sentence would have done. You learn who to read and who to skip.

sophomoric & divisive post..

everybody is a star

bah

Personally, I can't stand to read the ramblings of that jack-hole who goes by the fake name of "noiselab"... I keep voting his posts and threads down just on principle alone!

Nope. If it wasn't written by three people here, I just don't bother to click on the thread. I have super important stuff here on the Internet that is so very much in need of my attention. To be honest, if I read something that wasn't exactly inline with my own thoughts. I would probably have to cry. It's like when you only want to look at three shades of blue and every thing in the world is all "hey man, blue, blue jeans, the blues, the bears, blu blu blu... nah uh. Not on my watch.

3 posters and the rest, just ain't worthy of my all too grand and exulted attention.

Title and content.

– UncleGrumpy

Same here.

Personally, I can't stand to read the ramblings of that jack-hole who goes by the fake name of "noiselab"... I keep voting his posts and threads down just on principle alone!

– noiselab

Me too.

once i click on it usually..no pictures, no dice

I think everyone has a contribution to make and I don't value one over the other. I've learned in life not to sell anyone short.

I haven't time to read everything, so I have to choose on some basis. It's a sliding scale for me. I'm more likely to read a discussion started by someone I know (either in real life or from previous contact in this virtual clubhouse), but if the title is compelling, I'm going to take a look, irrespective of the initiator.

No matter who wrote it, I:

• Won't click on "How high were the ceilings in the old Brooklyn plant?"
  • Will click on "Stash of lefty Ramblers discovered!"

Paul/FF909

I like the GDP better now than ever because of the absence of trolls and cliquishness. What is interesting to some might not be to others and vice versa. I hope that it remains this way; nothing is ever diminished by openness and inclusiveness.

I usually click "New Topics" and see if any thread titles spark my interest.

I usually click "New Topics" and see if any thread titles spark my interest.

– mshehan

Bingo. I usually check this site from my phone, and author isn't shown under new topics in the mobile layout, so thread titles it is. Author wouldn't make much difference to me anyways.

New Topics is the primary starting point...

I guess I prefer the threads where someone is working through an issue, either playing or repairing or tweaking, etc., as we all seem to learn or can advise based on our own past experiences...

Bingo. I usually check this site from my phone, and author isn't shown under new topics in the mobile layout, so thread titles it is. Author wouldn't make much difference to me anyways.

– built4speed

This

Register Sign in to join the conversation