About the Gretsch Pages

After 3 years?

All of a sudden "Today's featured guitar" is working again on the main website splash page? It was broken for almost 3 years now.

Freak occurrence, or the man behind the curtain pulling some strings?

Can anyone else verify that it's working for them as well? If so, what a pleasant surprise this evening!

And back in a big way. I am particularly fond of the guitar in today's image.

First thing I noticed too. I like the headstock on the mando, very Synchromatic. Has Bax been fixing code or is this a ghost in the machine? It's welcome whatever it is.

Mando? I see a 2004 6120-GA Golden Anniversary on mine.

.... which means that yesterday's guitar of the day has become today's...

Definitely workin again!

Tres Cool!

Some times the ratio of duct-tape to voodoo works out.

I've seen both-- sometimes, I see the mandolin, other times I see the 6120GA. Let's see what pops up tomorrow.

I get the Mandolin

I must be doing something wrong. I don’t see it at all.

I must be doing something wrong. I don’t see it at all.

– Baba Joe

If you're using a computer and not a tablet or phone, head to gretschpages.com and hit Ctrl+F5 to skip your cache and reload the page from scratch.

If you're viewing on a phone or tablet, you're probably getting the mobile page version, and the Featured Guitar may not load.

iPad here. I hit the link you provided and saw a nice 6120 GA. Thanks

yep, I saw the 6120 GA, too. I was kinda surprised to see it, but figured Bax had finally used enough Duct tape.

It works BEAUTIFULLY!! Keep up the good voodoo!

Well.... it appears to be showing up, but for me it alternates between a 6120GA and the Mandolin for the last 4 days. Soooo.... apparently not as "fixed" as I thought....

Here's my theory -- since I haven't touched anything lately...

I think there's a minimum threshold of votes to appear in the "Featured Guitar" slot. Those two just crossed that threshold, and they're the only two that have. That's my theory.

So, go over to the guitars section, find guitars you think are cool, either because of what they are, or the story behind them, or whatever, and give them a vote.

Here's my theory -- since I haven't touched anything lately...

I think there's a minimum threshold of votes to appear in the "Featured Guitar" slot. Those two just crossed that threshold, and they're the only two that have. That's my theory.

So, go over to the guitars section, find guitars you think are cool, either because of what they are, or the story behind them, or whatever, and give them a vote.

– Baxter

but I thought that the vote gutiar system was FUBAR. It lets me vote, but doesn't tally. Been that way for a while.

I've got too much stuff broken. I think it's tallying, just not showing the tally. I think.

Seeing as how that G6120GA is one of my herd, I don't mind if it is stuck there a few days longer. Take your time, Bax.

Register Sign in to join the conversation