About the Gretsch Pages

A note for the new folks

Bax, I tried the gretsch model generator, and it only gives me blue sparkle country rocs... Which isn't bad, but I thought it'd do more than that.

redrocker wrote:

Rob that Ernest Tubb number is great!

Here's to embedded videos, and welcome new folks.8-)

Hey, I know the song if ya want to do it at the Nashville Roundup!

JBGretschGuy wrote:

I haven't seen Fred post. But Dinah used to!

I'm probably one of the oldest living GDP veterans there is, though, besides Deke and Fred and a few others.

And Norm, and Paul Setzer, and David ("Devilstool"), and Jazzbo, RandyS., and a bunch of others I can't think of straight away. Quite a few old-timers who still post.

The Darkside comment was totally tongue in cheek. We welcome all here. glad you feel comfortable so far.

For reasons well-covered elsewhere, there are a whole lotta new folks today, so I thought I'd take a minute to give you a quick introduction to the site.

First, welcome aboard.

A few things you won't see:

• Your post hijacked with ads
  • Your post text filled with ad links
  • Your private messages stored, intercepted or captured in any way. Your private messages are private (they go to your email address)

What you will see:

• A great group of guys with an encyclopedic knowledge of all things Gretsch. The Gretsch Pages has been around for more than 15 years. The amount of knowledge accumulated is staggering.
  • Pretty even-handed moderation. Basically, don't be a jerk and you'll be fine. Even if you are being a jerk, the community will usually straighten things out long before I have to step in.
  • A whole bunch of stuff aside from the forum. The Gretsch Discussion Pages is just one part of a much larger whole.

What you might like to see

Aside from the forum, here are few other things that might be of interest:

So, Howdy, and I hope you enjoy the site.

– Baxter

For reasons well-covered elsewhere, there are a whole lotta new folks today, so I thought I'd take a minute to give you a quick introduction to the site.

First, welcome aboard.

A few things you won't see:

• Your post hijacked with ads
  • Your post text filled with ad links
  • Your private messages stored, intercepted or captured in any way. Your private messages are private (they go to your email address)

What you will see:

• A great group of guys with an encyclopedic knowledge of all things Gretsch. The Gretsch Pages has been around for more than 15 years. The amount of knowledge accumulated is staggering.
  • Pretty even-handed moderation. Basically, don't be a jerk and you'll be fine. Even if you are being a jerk, the community will usually straighten things out long before I have to step in.
  • A whole bunch of stuff aside from the forum. The Gretsch Discussion Pages is just one part of a much larger whole.

What you might like to see

Aside from the forum, here are few other things that might be of interest:

So, Howdy, and I hope you enjoy the site.

– Baxter

Hi to everyone on the Gretsch pages.................... At last I've become a Gretsch guitar owner, something I've always aspired too ! also I'd like to say this sight is amazing, with just so much Gretsch info........ I gotta go now...............I feel a riff coming on..................keep up the great work.

I do have a question for those who know. When I add a link I used to get an add a link window that allowed me to "title" the link. I see others doing this now but mine always come up titled "link" and there's no extra window for the title of the link. How ya'll doing that?

After you enter the web address in the pop up thingie and hit "Add Link", there should be square brackets with "Link. . ." inside, followed by regular parentheses that show whatever you entered. Whatever you type inside the square brackets will show up (and be clickable) when you post. If you don't type anything, the actual link (inside the parentheses) will show up instead.

Hope that makes sense.

Also, the word 'Link...' is highlighted as soon as you insert the link, so to replace the text simply overtype what's already there.

Right you are, Deke. Forgot to mention that.

Q for anyone who knows...On the thread about another Gretsch forum,the name Paul Green showed up,apparently in a somewhat negative context.Is he the same Paul Green who is,or was,involved with the yellow-home-page Telecaster forum?

JBGretschGuy wrote:

I'm probably one of the oldest living GDP veterans there is, though, besides Deke and Fred and a few others.

And Norm, and Paul Setzer, and David ("Devilstool"), and Jazzbo, RandyS., and a bunch of others I can't think of straight away. Quite a few old-timers who still post.

– WB

JBGretschGuy wrote:

– Walter Broes

I was here before Dinah was posting just lurking, when she started getting involved then I was hooked. I couldnt believe a company of Gretsch size and history would be so hands on with a gretsch owners forums.

Yeah, Tavo. And then you went over to the dark side to that other place.

I think it's great that Baxter made it so you can switch between the dark side and the light side without even leaving the forum! ;-)

– Ric12string

– Ric12string

I think thats where I met you? ;-)

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. I've been away from the GDP for a while (new job just keeps me too darn busy to do much Web socializing).

I love the new site design and the ability to upload photos (well done Bax!), but is it possible to add a post with more than one photo in it? I can only figure out how to add one photo per post.

You can add a post with countless photos in it if you upload them first to an off-site storage venue, such as photobucket.com. Then, just use the little camera icon and insert the URL addresses for each of the photos that you want to post.

On the other hand, if the photos are on your hard drive and you want to upload them directly to the post on the GDP, you can only upload one photo per post. And, then you use the camera icon with the upload arrow next to it.

Good to see you back, Jimbodiddley.

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.