About the Gretsch Pages

A note for the new folks

MacStevenXIII wrote:

Ripley1046 wrote:

Ah, I guess I haven't tried the uploading tool yet. I got so used to the photobucket thing I've just been rolling with it.

We can embed videos in threads now too...I found this out last week.

It's a little bit quirky tho, whenever I paste in the 'embed' code and then hit the 'add post' button, the code gets stripped, but if I go back and then edit that post and re-enter the embed code, it then works.

Hermitt, try entering a carriage return ("Enter" key) to send the cursor to the next line after pasting the embed code. That worked for me.

And remember, this is undocumented, untested and pretty much happy accident stuff. If it works, great. If not, well, I never said it would.

Thanks tartan, I'll remember to try that next time 8-)

Amazing, not one new person has posted on this topic. Do we need a GDP orientation (or re-orientation)? :)

allow me to be a new person popping over from G-T Hows it goin!!

Welcome up, Beatnik. How does it feel to come to the dark side? :D

Suprdave wrote:

Welcome up, Beatnik. How does it feel to come to the dark side? :D

Mate i was born on the darkside!! Ive browsed here for a while but the search function here was frustrating so ended up over there as i was researching for my jet build

Welcome to the GDP, Beatnik!

@TartanPhantom, I cannot get the video to embed in the posting box. Whenever I paste it in the box, it appears, but when I click on "Add Post," it disappears and I just have an empty box again. Any recommendations on how to correct this? I am wondering if the choice of browser affects this at all. I am using Chrome.

Thanks Baxter for all your warm welcomes. Already "digging the vibe" here.

Guys - you are home now. We are all glad you're here. Look forward to it.

Welcome, fellers!

I had to test out the embed video function.

Antik, what browser were you using when you posted that video?

Ric12string wrote:

Antik, what browser were you using when you posted that video?

Firefox Beta 7.0 . As was pointed out above, you have to make a post first, then go back and edit it to add the embedded video link. But if you try to edit it again, the link disappears.

Hey the Hellecasters rock! Good post RickyBob! 8-)

Here ya go, Hermitt...some Hellecasters rock!

EDIT: Oh man, I am still struggling to figure this out. !#$@%

In all the welcomes and what its like here I hadn't seen anyone mention the world class players who are on here who are very, very giving of their time and knowledge...Duane EDDY ! Brian Setzer! Paul PIGAT ! Keith Scott and BILLY ZOOM !!!!! plus about a dozen or so more who tour/ record with everyone from katy perry to Jeff Beck to Wayne Hancock to Michael Bublay (sorry bout that spelling)to Morresy and Adam Ant.....who stop in from time to time.

I suspect there are more who dont fess up to who they have worked with.

Gotta try this video thing. Shuie and Sonya on this 'un. A favorite!

Paul/FF909

fauves wrote:

In all the welcomes and what its like here I hadn't seen anyone mention the world class players who are on here who are very, very giving of their time and knowledge...Duane EDDY ! Brian Setzer! Paul PIGAT ! Keith Scott and BILLY ZOOM !!!!! plus about a dozen or so more who tour/ record with everyone from katy perry to Jeff Beck to Wayne Hancock to Michael Bublay (sorry bout that spelling)to Morresy and Adam Ant.....who stop in from time to time.

I suspect there are more who dont fess up to who they have worked with.

That's cause the hacks like me even it out. Otherwise, we'd probably explode.

I know I've seen Darrel Highman post around here recently. He is Imelda May's husband and a damn good guitar slinger! 8-)

And Joe Carducci and.. has Fred posted here before?

AndyJ wrote:

Amazing, not one new person has posted on this topic. Do we need a GDP orientation (or re-orientation)? :)

I guess many of us have been here for awhile, but have been more active there for a variety of reasons. I for one apreciate being welcomed again. :) I'm also pleased to see many names appearing that were familiar on G-T, although I know some have had different posting names here before. Mostly, though, it's just good to see Tavo posting freely.

Anyway, I'm, Sligo Ray, I play a modded Electromatic 5120 through either a Fender Twin or a Peavey Delta Blues. I'm domesciled in New Zealand at the bottom of the Pacific, so I'm most often posting during your wee hours or early morning. I've benefitted a lot from advice gathered from the Gretsch community, and now that means this forum for me. It's always gonna be the people who make it special. So, howdy.

Rob that Ernest Tubb number is great!

Here's to embedded videos, and welcome new folks.8-)

I haven't seen Fred post. But Dinah used to!

I'm probably one of the oldest living GDP veterans there is, though, besides Deke and Fred and a few others.

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.