Witch Doctor Willy
- I'm a veteran, a musician, a photographer and (for money) a web developer. I own a dog and live in Texas. I make my own beer and charcuterie, and ride an Indian.
I do some solo singer-songwriter shows, and have some stuff recorded up on youtube and soundcloud.
- Member since:
- Aug 7, 2019
- Board post count:
- 39 years
- Musician, but being a web developer pays more
- Roots music, Indian Motorcycles, Brewing beer, Smoking meat
- Take my Spear
- My current side project is an indie folk americana type thing. This is one of those songs. The bass isn't a gretsch.
I recorded this song on a Gretsch 5126 (unmodified) and a Vox AC15C1, spring reverb, canyon delay, Sick As MK1 overdrive. Vocals are multi multi multi multi multi tracked on a Blue Bluebird.
- Lover, my Lover
- A roots-style folk song, recorded on a Gretsch New Yorker (new one, not old) strung with D'Addario half-rounds, straight into a Vox AC15C1 for the overdrive, reverb and trem. Singing and playing at the same time. I intend to record this one a little better, this is just a draft.
- Nobody wants to be the saint
- Recorded in a haunted hotel in San Antonio. All three string parts are played on the Gretsch New Yorker (reissue) - acoustic, bowed, and plugged in.
Never really tried to write a breakup song before. It was an interesting experience.