- Have played on and off for years. Chet was my inspiration and still is. I'm a member of the Chet Atkins Appreciation Society. I've put up a few tunes on YouTube if you are interested in listening. Just go to YouTube and do a search for "meangene1000".
Thanks and keep pickin'!
- Member since:
- Jul 13, 2014
- Board post count:
- My version of the Beatles classic tune. Starts out a little like Chet's arrangement, but then winds up going on a few different tangents.
- "Theme From A Summer Place"
- This arrangement of this classic tune is taken from Chet's version, but modified considerably. Done in three keys.
The background is provided by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and is used with permission.
I was a young boy when this song became a hit and listening to it always takes me back to another time.
Hope you like.
- My rendition of the classic "Goldfinger", played on a Gretsch Super Chet.
The background music is used with permission.
Hope you like.
- Santa Lucia
- My arrangement of this wonderful Italian classic. My guide was Chet's great version.
The guitar used was a vintage 1980 Gretsch White Falcon stereo, model 7595.
- What A Wonderful World on Gretsch Super Chet
- One of my all-time favorite tunes played on one of my all-time favorite instruments....a vintage Gretsch Super Chet
- Battle Hymn of the Republic
- My arrangement done in three keys. I added a few walking base lines to give the tune some color.
- "Sealed With A Kiss"
- My rendition of "Sealed With A kiss". Brian Hyland's version way back in 1962 was probably the most popular version.
- My arrangement of "Vincent" or "Starry Starry Night". The most famous version is probably Don Mclean's.
This rendition is taken after Chet Atkins' wonderful piece. I recorded it some years back and I think I used
- "Joy To The World"
- A second version of the tune. First half is somewhat similar to version 1, but then it changes quite a bit. Background is a karaoke.
- “Joy To The World” - Version 1
- Version 1 of my rendition of the Christmas classic “Joy To The World”. Karaoke background.
- "What A Wonderful World"
- My rendition of "What A Wonderful World", played on a Godin 5th Avenue guitar.
The background music was given to me by a professional guitar player who had purchased it on the Internet.