- Member since:
- May 29, 2013
- Board post count:
- Retired Engineer
- Chet Atkins Music
- Beautiful song on my Gretsch 6120.
- I'll Follow The Sun
- My attempt at Chet's arrangement of this great Beatles song. I wish I could have seen George's face when he first heard this arrangement. If you can listen to Chet's entire Beatles album - just great!
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
- A classic Christmas song on my 6120.
- Winter Wonderland
- A happy holiday song.
Martin for backup and Yamaha FG730S for solo.
- Oh What It Seemed to Be
- I'm a big Jim Reeves fan and I enjoyed working on this arrangement listening to Jim's great voice. I tried to think how Chet might have done it in his early days. I used a Gretsch 6120 with lots of Bigsby and no amplifier. A simple BIAB backing track.
The Jim Reeves wiki page link is as follows:
What a career Jim had! The amount of hits and records he set across the globe is staggering. So sad that he left us at such a young age.
- Ave Maria
- My 6120 version of Ave Maria. Happy Holidays to the great folks on the Gretsch Pages.
- Streets of Laredo - Revisited
- Laredo Complete- oh... Of course a Gretsch guitar (6120). You've got to like a bigsby.
- Moon River
- My short take on a great song with words by Johnny Mercer and music by Henry Mancini.
- A one verse attempt at Chet's version of Estrellita written by Manuel Ponce. Chet used a D tuning on his 6th string which I did not do. As always Chet had great tone on his recording. I used my 6120 with the bass pickup and the mud switch engaged. Thanks for listening.
- And I Love Her
- A beautiful song inspired by the Beatles and Chet's great arrangement on his Beatles LP. One of my favorites.
- One of my favorite Leonard Cohen songs.
- Throw Another Log On The Fire
- One of my Jim Reeves favorites written by Hoit Axten.
- A great song on my Gretsch.
- Without You
- A great song I loved as a kid played on my Gretsch CG.
- Magic Beam
- Magic Beam on a Gretsch 6120. Written by H.M. The King of Thailand. Bird Ekachai plays it great on a nylon string.
- All My Lovin'
- Chet Atkins great fingerstyle arrangement of the Beatles song All My Lovin'. I did the little solo in the middle. Chet played it on an acoustic. I did it on a gretsch. I love the chord progressions in the tune.
GaryL has not added any guitars yet.