- I teach guitar, banjo, and fiddle at the Americana Music Academy, Lawrence, KS.
- Member since:
- May 29, 2012
- Board post count:
- 63 years
- Musician, Teacher
- Music history, camping, cats, good books, song writing, home recording, muzzle loading rifles & shot guns
- Now You Know What It's Like To Be Lonely
- The first version was lost in the Great Data Base Crash. Here's a better mix, I think.
- Thinkin' of Chet
- My humble attempt at playing one of Richard Hudson's compositions. I tried to capture the original essence, while adding a little of my own thoughts and feelings to the tune. Thanks go to both Richard for such a fine piece of music, and to our own Taffy for inviting me to submit this recording.
- My attempt at a Chet Atkins tune. Composed by Franz Lehar from the opera The Merry Widow
- Red Eye Flight
- This selection is a rough mix for a CD I'm working on. It started out as a Chuck Berry rocker, then took a turn into a Texas shuffle, and now sounds like a rockabilly song. I hope you like it. The Red Eye Flight was written by me. Your constructive comments are welcome.
- Ain't Misbehavin'
- I always thought this Fats Waller song would make a great thumb style guitar solo. I hope you enjoy it.
- I Feel Fine
- Messing around with some V7-I changes one evening, I discovered that that the riff in the Beatles' hit "I Feel Fine" could be played thumb style. Here is the result. I hope you enjoy it.
- Rhythm guitar is the Gretsch content. Lead guitar is a Telecaster knock-off.
- Remember Me
- This is one of my favorite Willie Nelson compositions. I hope I did it justice. No virtual instruments were used in this recording