- PIcked up my first guitar at 12... still haven't figured out how to put it down, five full decades later!!
I've played graffitti rock, disco (it was the 80's), both Country AND Western, folk (25 yrs of it) and Elvis.. In between, I managed to spend a quarter-century as an Irish folk Minstrel in a Celtic folk band that worked up and down the Wild Wet West Coast.
Now semi-retired, & trying to fix up my composing skills between twangs, I've also managed to learn a little conducting (a new hobby) and have been musical director for some local stage productions.
- Member since:
- Dec 29, 2010
- Board post count:
- 63 years
- semi-retired musician/composer
- Gretschs, Rickenbackers, modern classical music(New Age)
- Ghost Riders in the Sky
- Recorded in Reaper. Backing tracks done in Finale and sent to Reaper as wav files.
Guitar- 1970 Gretsch 6122 Country Gentleman, connected via M-audio M-track interface to Reaper DAW. COSM modelling of Fender Classic Tweed, digital reverb and external echo added.
My first ever add to Gretsch Radio.
- Ave Maria
- An original orchestration of the Schubert version, done for a charity collaboration last year.
(Trivia- The music was originally set to words written by Sir Walter Scot)
No guitar content- but a seasonal favorite and one of my own personal favorite songs for the Holiday Season!